Wednesday, April 6, 2011

food



one of the things i miss about being a non-mama is the amount of time we used to spend in the kitchen! we would set aside whole days to make big batches of curry pastes, experiment endlessly with sourdough breads and do what seems now outrageous, things like making pasta from scratch.

bit by bit we are working our way back. i made my first couple of sourdough loaves and am so happy i can easily fit it into our lives again. soooooooo sick of shop bought bread.

also enjoying loads of bits and bobs, such as these oven roasted mushrooms with home-made pesto, pan fried flat beans with garlic, chives and butter with a witlof, nashi and dill salad.

YUM!

6 comments:

  1. o m gee that mushroom looks delectable !

    ReplyDelete
  2. come over and i'll chef you one! tonight i'm brewin' up some corn chowder. corn is amaaaaaazing at the momento! and the husband is sick sick sick. right now i'm internetting, cooking, laundry hanging out and baby tending. WOAH. oh and i'm sipping on a beer too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm thinking your "non-mama" term was a typo, coz I read a bit further and found you're a NEW mama! Wow, how exciting... when my little one was a newborn I had so little head space for ANYthing... except him of course, and milk, and which side I'd fed him last... you know, all the important stuff. He's three now, and I'm just managing to get my blogging act together, work, new house to renovate... arrrggh! Great to read some of your words, and see your pictures, just nice to connect. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...this look amazing!! i wish i had more motivation and creativity in the kitchen to try stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great to actually enjoy something as basic & essential as cooking, yet so often I find myself dreading it. Your spread looks gorgeous! I'm inspired to get going with sourdough bread again now....thanks for the reminder (shop bought bread is so ordinary)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely yum, that mushroom with pesto looks dee-lish!

    ReplyDelete